FORMATION - ACQUISITION - LOCAL TAXATION - STATE TAXATION - FEDERAL TAXATION - INTERNATIONAL TAXATION - SALE - SUCCESSION PLANNING
We are not just lawyers, we are business owners and we believe it takes sincere courage to be an entrepreneur or own a business. Our attorneys will help you build a solid foundation for your business that makes the most sense and will help protect you and your business from costly legal issues that are all too common – when they don’t need to be.
Contact us today to speak with an attorney about your specific needs.
The Big 10 of Business
If you plan to form or manage a business entity in Texas, these are the questions you must answer before you begin.
- Will any of my investors be foreign citizens or business entities?
- Will any members or shareholders of my business ever have spouses?
- Will any members or shareholders of my business ever die or become disabled?
- Will any members or shareholders of my business ever leave?
- If my business is required to have a license to operate which is issued to a person rather than the business, what is the plan if that person can’t hold the license anymore (death, incompetence, departure, license gets revoked or suspended)?
- Should my business elect to be taxed as something different than how it was formed?
- Will the purpose of the business lend itself to license or franchise of it or its assets like name, brand, system or software?
- What should I do to stop employees or owners from leaving and soliciting employees to join them?
- What should I do to stop employees or owners from leaving and claiming a right to whatever they created while they were a part of the business?
- Who is the affordable, likeable, easy to understand business lawyer who would treasure having a business relationship with you?
Attend a Workshop
We regularly provide workshops with our partners that are designed to help business owners avoid costly legal fees.