DANIEL M. KOWALSKI
A native of Denver, Colorado, Mr. Kowalski has been practicing immigration law exclusively since 1985. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Bender's Immigration Bulletin, published by LexisNexis, and the Online Editor of the LexisNexis Immigration Law Community (ILC)., Bender's Immigration Bulletin - Daily Edition. In 2010 Mr. Kowalski was named a "Senior Fellow" at the Institute for Justice Journalism. He is a member of IMMLAW, the National Consortium of Immigration Law Firms.
Honors and Appointments
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A., with high honors, 1977; major: Spanish).
- Phi Beta Kappa (1978). St. Mary's University (San Antonio,Texas) School of Law (J.D., 1984).
- Editor, Immigration Law and Procedure: Desk Edition (LexisNexis Matthew Bender).
- Past Member, Board of Governors, American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Past Chapter Chair, Colorado Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. Admitted to practice: Colorado, Washington, United States Supreme Court, U. S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th, 8th, 9th and 10th Circuits, United States District Courts for the District of Colorado, the Western District of Washington, and the Western District of Texas.
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award, Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (1998).
- Pro Bono Award, American Immigration Lawyers Association (1993).
- Special President's Award, Denver Bar Association (1988). Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (1997-2011).